The Cavan Monaghan Barn Quilt Trail (CMBQT) celebrates the history and contribution of farm families and historical property owners
- Do you have an interesting story to tell about your farm, historical property, or your family's longstanding contribution to the community?
- Would you like to take part in a volunteer-driven community initiative that tells the story of our township through the art of quilting?
- Is there someone in your family (living or deceased) you would like to acknowledge and celebrate in a touching and lasting way?
If so, why not consider becoming a CMBQT trail host?
What is Involved in Hosting a Quilt Block?
- A designer will work with you to help your family determine the design and colour scheme that fits your story and vision
- Hosts can select one of three block sizes: 8x8 ft (recommended for farms and large buildings), 4x4 ft, or 2x2 ft
- Our committee will help you determine the ideal placement for the block on your property
- High-quality, weather-proof outdoor paint used to ensure lasting beauty
- A volunteer CMBQT writer will work with you to document the story behind your quilt block
- A small sign at the roadside will allow passers-by to scan a code to view the story of your block on our website
- Information on your block will appear on our website and Facebook page, marketing materials, and possibly the local news
- Each block requires only a $100-$300 host investment (determined by size), plus the cost (or labour) of installation.
To learn more about CMBQT or to become a barn quilt host please contact:
Lenka Petric firstname.lastname@example.org or
Carolyn Brackenridge email@example.com