We are creating a Barn Quilt Trail in Cavan Monaghan Township
Our vision is to create a trail that:
- Tells the story of our community and reflects the people, history and culture of the township
- Connects the hamlets of Bailieboro, South Monaghan, Fraserville, Cavan, Ida, Mount Pleasant, Springville, Five Mile Turn and the village of Millbrook
- Engages residents, schools, businesses, and local organizations in the creation, installation and promotion of the trail
- Recognizes the importance of agriculture in our community, and values the contributions of farm families
- Promotes Volunteerism and encourages community support.
- Residents and business owners from across Cavan Monaghan Township
- Artists, quilters, farmers and writers.
- Representatives from the Millbrook and Cavan Historical Society, Millbrook and Area Garden Club, Centreville Presbyterian Church, Mount Pleasant Women’s Institute and various quilting groups.
Site Selection Committee
Marketing and Fundraising
Maya de Maria